Thursday, November 4, 2010

I haven't listened to any of the new Taylor Swift yet.

To explain the title: I just felt like that fact is a big enough deal to make it the title of this post. This post didn't have anything to do with that (until now, I suppose), and I'm really not even sure I can owe that neglect to not being on facebook. However, I just feel very proud that I have yet to do that, even though I probably will sometime next week.

Moving on to good music, the song/video posted immediately below is!
Winter Song (Ingrid Michaelson & Sara Bareilles)

10 Reasons that Rosemary Jager likes this (I feel no need to discuss the obvious in the following list):
1. I love Christmas, and Christmas is in the wintertime.
2. I love Ingrid Michaelson.
3. I love Sara Bareilles.
4. I love their cartoon selves.
5. I love tree houses, and one happens to be at the happily ever after ending of this sad song's video.
6. I love happily ever afters.
7. I love violins and pianos, and even more than that harmonies, and what do ya know-- they are all in this song.
8. I love good lyrics.
9. I love the cute art that makes up this video.
10. I just love it because how could you freakin not???

Last winter, I had the priveledge of singing this song with two of my sisters in my high school's winter musical revue. It made the song more special than it already is to me. (*Insert side-comment of seconding GirlK's motion to miss and return to the wonderfulness of Birmingham.) I just think the song is all around beautiful, and I want all of our now 16 followers (I think) to know about it if they don't already.

I have to study for my Intro. to Psych. exam #3, but before I go, I would like to point out something I find funny...
If you look back a few posts, you will find GirlK quoting her good ole' softball coach--OH, annd great mentour, Byrle Kynerd... FYI: BYRLE KYNERD STARTED BRIARWOOD CHRISTIAN SCHOOL. He's kind of a big deal... I found it incredibly comical that GirlK only recognized him as a great softball coach and mentour-- which he definitely is... but he also STARTED BRIARWOOD CHRISTIAN SCHOOL. Again, big deal.

Well, wish me luck studying. And a prayer or two would be appreciated. :)



Love is alive,
GirlR

No comments:

Post a Comment