Wednesday, October 13, 2010

QUALITY

Realization of the evening: The term "social network" actually is the epitome of LAMMEEEE. I feel like a complete loser for enjoying something called a "social network" as much as I have. I have alot more comparisons I could make to the kind of personality steryotypes that my mind places with the verb "social networking," but I feel like I can't go on this tangent anymore without being rude, so I'm done.
I'll start the synopsis of my day by saying: I will never be as funny as GirlK (my sinceret apologies). Anywho, today I had alot of class (5 classes too many, to be exact). For lunch, I enjoyed a burrito with the roommate on the front stairs of Samford Lawn-- Auburn's campus is beautiful, by the way, and I hope this anti-facebook quest only leads me outside to enjoy its outdoors and architecture more and more.-- Nothing exciting happened after lunch. I went to my first chapter meeting tonight, and then one of my dearest ole' pals came to visit Keller. Not only did Keller overwhelm dear T.Harris with an estrogen-powered, squeelly-giggle rage, but T.Harris overwhelmed me with the Lord's work in his life. It was such an encouraging time of fellowship; God really used it to remind me of the order he demands of my priorities... To think that, normally, I would have been on facebook during the hours of our visit.

But, yeah... I didn't do anything quite as hilarious or witty as GirlK did today, but (as she points out) how am I supposed to compete with someone named Kit?

(Insert unimportant personal analysis of my own name: Rosie reminds me of the giggley side of me that talks alot and is super goofy. Rosemary reminds me of the side of me that's everything the Rosie side isn't. Neither comes close to the extremes-- and belly-aching laughter-- included with the name Kit.)

Thoughts of my day: Even without spontenaity, knowing that I haven't wasted two hours of my day social-networking, just makes my brain and body feel... just good. Life has so much more quality.
:)


But don't stop reading!

Before I go, the lovely lady who lives on the bunk above me just shared a little linksy with me that I also want to share with you!
You've heard the verse, "When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me." (I Corinthians 13:11) Bassically, this little girl pulls a switcheroo and makes ME the child this verse is talking about. She's a woman, and one after God's own heart.
precious, convicting, and encouraging... all in 4 minutes



Thank God (I mean that literally) that I don't have to be a slave to facebook,
GirlR

No comments:

Post a Comment